top of page

Baumschule

Öffentlich·24 Mitglieder

The Great Train Robbery Subtitles Croatian

A gypsy community on the Danube River is the setting of this rowdy comedy involving a bungled train robbery, an arranged marriage, and a tangled web of double-crosses and triple-crosses spanning at least three generations. In Serbo-Croatian and Romany with English subtitles *** Dizzying, colorful, grows on you.

The Great Train Robbery subtitles Croatian

Download: https://www.google.com/url?q=https%3A%2F%2Fvittuv.com%2F2udszy&sa=D&sntz=1&usg=AOvVaw1-HEt9H5P0hs7Qw_vX2rp4

The very least you can say about Michael Crichton (1942-2008) is that he was an extremely intelligent, versatile and busy worker! He studied journalism, anthropology and medicine, to eventually become Sci-Fi/thriller novelist, screenwriter and director. His studies and interests certainly explain the themes and range for most of his novels and screenplays, but there are still several odd and rather unlikely achievements in his repertoire. "The Great Train Robbery" is probably the oddest of the bunch. After grim and scholarly Sci-Fi stories like "The Andromeda Strain", "Westworld", "The Terminal Man" and "Coma", I don't think anybody expected Crichton to come up with a light-headed Victorian period piece about the infamous 1855 train heist.Sean Connery's character has decided for himself that he will pull off what no other thief has even properly attempted to do, namely steal a large amount of government gold from a massively secured safe on a moving train. He receives help from the lewd Lesley-Ann Down, who merely just uses her feminine charms and bodily trumps, and the self-acclaimed fastest key runner in the country; Donald Sutherland. Together they must figure out how to unnoticedly get hold of four separately secured keys to the safe, and then still find a solution to break into the guarded bank wagon and get out the loot. "The Great Train Robbery" reminded me very much of "Ocean's 11". I haven't seen the 1960 original, starring Frank Sinatra, but it isn't unthinkable that Steven Soderbergh also took some ideas from this film whilst he was preparing the 2001 remake. Connery's witty charms and small talks to infiltrate into high-society families, the grotesquely detailed schemes to plagiarize the keys, the acrobatic con-artist, the meticulously timed simulations, ... These are all scenes that could come straight out of "Ocean's 11"."The Great Train Robbery" is a well-made, nicely acted and overall reasonably entertaining period film. It does have several defaults, though, notably that Crichton cannot seem to decide whether he wants his film to be a comical crime caper or a suspenseful heist movie. Certain parts are particularly bleak (like the dog-fighting, the execution, etc...) but mostly it's tongue-in-cheek, so the film kind falls in between genres. The Robin Hood styled ending also feels very forced. The Victorian costumes and decors look great, Jerry Goldsmith's score is exhilarating and both Sean Connery and Donald Sutherland put down pleasant performances, all of which still makes "The Great Train Robbery" recommended viewing!

I was very surprised when I saw that "The First Great Train Robbery" was written and directed by Michael Crichton. This is because Crichton is normally associated with sci-fi and fantasy, such as "The Andromeda Strain", "Coma", "Westworld" and "Jurassic Park". But apparently in 1975, Crichton wrote a book about this actual robbery in 1855...though the film ended up being highly fictionalized, particularly the ending.The first two-thirds of the film is very slow and meticulous. I didn't mind this too much, though I am sure this will lose a lot of viewers. My suggestion is bear with it. First, it is well crafted. Second, the look of VIctorian London is wonderful....so take time to enjoy what you are seeing. The final portion is much more exciting and concerns the robbery itself. It's amazing to see Sean Connery doing his own stunts* and the footage is incredible...and it must have been incredible to see on the big screen.Overall, a slow and deliberate movie that is great provided you don't mind the pace or that too much of the story is fictionalized in order to make the story more cinematic. The ending, in particular, is pure fiction and the real case, though interesting, is much different.I do have two further comments. First, the sound on this DVD was abominable...with music that is so much louder than the dialog. You really do need the closed captions in order to watch the film....it's that bad. Second, one mistake I noticed is that the 'gold' in the film was ridiculously lightweight...and seeing Connery and Sutherland EASILY tossing the bags of gold off the train (as if they were filled with newspapers or scones) was silly.*I know that they touted how Sean Connery did the insane stunt of climbing across the moving train and he clearly did. But in a few scenes, despite the hype, I do strongly suspect that a stuntman was occasionally used...such as when Connery's character is hanging off the sides of the moving train.

• Anime and Manga Official example. Funimation's already tongue-in-cheek dub of Sgt. Frog contained a new "character" made especially for the DVD release, "Mister Caption", whose job was ostensibly to translate the copious amounts of onscreen Japanese text, but he was also arrogant and extremely snarky and spent much of his time insulting the Lemony Narrator, the characters, and the viewers. Though his appearances became less frequent as the series went on (replaced, sadly, by proper captions), in early episodes it was not uncommon for Mister Caption to start snarking even when there was no text on-screen at all.

• D.Gray Man Abridged made its own subtitles for the opening.

• Some fansubbing groups often release Gag Subs of their current anime projects. (Example: Dattebayo's "You Have Been Trolled" subs...)

• Gag subs of the first episode or two of Pretty Guardian Sailor Moon were released within a day or so of their broadcast. Among other "revisions", these subs referred to the youma as tentacle monsters and characters broke the Fourth Wall several times to comment on how badly the show would traumatize children. They also included gag-subbed the commercials, too, including what was apparently originally a Japanese McDonald's ad that was already somewhat weird owing to the somewhat constipated look on the Japanese "Ronald's" face... even before the pedophile joke in the subtitles came at the end. In fact, that particular gag sub also featured at least one other commercial with a pedophile joke, for Ashita no Nadja undergarments by sponsor Bandai which translated the announcer's line as "They're pedolicious!". There was also an ad for Hello Kitty candy which mondegreened "Kitty de Catch" as "Evil Kitty" and said that eating the candies would control your mind and a commercial for Sailor Moon roleplay items which ended with the subtitle "Successful transformation not guarenteed".

• An example of an official gag sub occurred in Zoku Sayonara, Zetsubou-Sensei's second episode. All the dialogue was turned to gibberish, and subtitles were added on, turning an already insane plot into nonsense about the Dragonballs and space aliens. Many viewers were confused by this.

• The Adventures of Nagato Yuki says what 20% of the fandom is thinking.

• Death Note: The Gag Sub School Note does this both ways: it translates the show's second opening "What's Up People?!" into to something completely insane(er), and then performs a Genre Shift on the show, turning it into a school love comedy. Light becomes a complete moron who can't do basic arithmetic without the help of the titular "School Note" and talks about "going to Tokyo U". L becomes a geek who plays Dating Sims and has MC Hawking on his computer.

• The Yaoi Note series: 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7. This is what happens when Light plays Halo...

• Just according to keikaku. (TL note: keikaku means plan).

• Anon sub took advantage of .mkv files' ability to have multiple subtitle tracks to release a video with both a normal and a Gag Sub (for teh lulz) for the 23rd and 25th episodes of Tengen Toppa Gurren Lagann; among other things, the Gag Sub always replaces "Rossiu" with "Boota", a Get a Hold of Yourself, Man! that has the hitter yelling "Wryyyyyy," displaying the word "Canadians" whenever anyone said "ehh?", and referring to the Death Spiral Machine as the "Desu Star". One gag sub had references to numerous anime (including a mildly obscure Martian Successor Nadesico quote) as well as changing every single line into a hilarious parody of the actual script, without losing anything major from the story.

• Dattebayo fansubs released an episode of Bleach subtitled in Ebonics. (i.e., African American Vernacular English) They also released an episode of Soul Eater that was "translated" by someone who couldn't even understand Japanese.

• Okane ga Nai (No Money) has No Decency which is a mix of both humourous/random story lines (one character has been fused with animal DNA) and a criticism of the show itself (the romantising of rape and Stockholm Syndrome, among other things).

• The Fullmetal Alchemist capsummaries from inulovinkit count, though they are done in blog format. She has recently started making videos like abridged series, but done with subtitles instead of voice acting. Alas, the capsummaries stopped at Episode 54, last updated in 2010, and, by the look of things, will probably remain unfinished.

• Pani Poni Dash! uses this in episode 22, where a TV crew comes to film the various classrooms for a popular late night show, and class 1-C has to convince Becky to show up for it. It also frequently switched into an isometric RPG view, complete with text boxes and character portraits. By the end of the episode, it does one last RPG switch, but while the class talks about Becky finally deciding to show up, the text boxes are carrying on a completely different conversation about weight loss advice.

• Little-known anime Massugu ni Ikou had a gag sub, the first part of which can be seen here (unfortunately, it seems the other parts have been taken down). It takes a heartwarming slice-of-life series about dogs and puts a much darker spin on it, including jokes about slavery, violence, and bestiality. You heard me.

• There's a Gag Sub of Mazinger Z vs. Devilman from the VHS era of fansubbing by Cornpone Flicks (who were also known for their legitimate subs of Captain Harlock-related anime) which gives humorous names to all their attacks (Mazinger's Photonic Beam becomes "Staring contest! You lose!"), says that Mazinger's Jet Scrander was made to offset its big butt, and makes Kouji and Akira gay for each other, ending with them flying off into the sunset declaring "There's room in the closet for both of us!" They also did a Gag Sub of UFO Robot Grendizer vs. Great Mazinger, which they did a few years before.

• So far the only fansubs available for Musashi Gundoh are nonsensical gag subs. Just as well, because apparently, due to terrible editing, the show still wouldn't make any sense if it was translated properly.

• To the fans' rejoice, Crunchyroll (Yes, that Crunchyroll) replaced a dialogue in Episode 15 of Super Robot Wars Original Generation: The Inspectors, the episode where Dygenguard debuts in the series. Yes, fans will know exactly which dialogue it is. Vigagi: War God's Armament?! And what does Episode 15 mean?!

• Erina Nakiri reviews Food Wars! (done with a Gag Sub of the second episode):[1] Erina [to Soma]: I've seen anime deep enough to drive you insane. ... I don't have time for kiddy Iron Chef.

• When the toilet-training videos of Shima Shima Tora no Shimajirō became Internet sensations, it was common to see videos with inaccurate subtitles. An infamous instance of this was a video of "Any Toilet Can Be A Piece Of Cake!" which used a ton of swearing and misinterpreted some scenes, like thinking Shimajiro wet himself in the scene where he uses a urinal. However, some parts of the video had translations close to the original script, but with swear words inserted in for humor, especially during the second half of the squat toilet's song.

041b061a72

Info

Willkommen in der Gruppe! Sie können sich mit anderen Mitgli...
bottom of page